Documenting the experiences of a typical Midwesterner struggling to read the Qur'an, understand Islamic extremism and its effects on American politics.
Blogroll Me!
Email Qur'an Project

Archives

Links





Sunday, March 27, 2005
Short recap
For the benefit of new readers, I will recap the story so far.

I started out a touch over a year ago to read the Qur'an in the hope I would gain some insight into the minds of the nutjobs. I wanted to keep an open mind and kept that up until this post and this post. The murders of the Hatuel family made a lasting impression, one that colors everything I will do, read and say on this topic as well as in everyday life. I cannot express the depth of emotion this event has for me. Those posts tells you everything you need to know about how I view the whole subject.

A whole lot of the story is contained in the 2 posts on Misconceptions About Islam (post 1 post 2).

I am reading again after a post-election break and have not run into anything I deem "post-worthy". The Suras are rather small at this stage (they are arranged longest to shortest) and don't have much to say that has not been said before.


(c) 2004. Qur'an Project. All Rights Reserved

Syndicate Qur'an Project:

Blogger ATOM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise