Documenting the experiences of a typical Midwesterner struggling to read the Qur'an, understand Islamic extremism and its effects on American politics.
Blogroll Me!
Email Qur'an Project

Archives

Links





Saturday, March 26, 2005
Welcome Lefties
It seems that a Canadian blogger started a minor kerfuffle but asking some lefty-leaning questions of America and Americans. I can't even find the original post now, but Alarming News has a response.

I wondered over there to see what the hubub was and saw that the owner had posted an offer to link to conservative blogs. In this offer, he made a point about religion that would be familiar to my readers.
I’m not particularly religious, though I have read most of the world’s major religious texts. I find them to be stunningly similar in many respects, which leads me to believe that our fundamental beliefs are all far more alike that we care to admit. Unfortunately, every religion also seems to produce those that would use them to promote separation, condemnation, intolerance, and ignorance. I think that’s very unfortunate, especially given the fact that most religions are founded on the principles of love and understanding.
We have all seen these kind of offers posted on blogs on both the left and the right that usually don't get any action (see Ted Rall), but I decided to send a nice email and take him up on the offer. Much to my surprise, I found his index page as a referrer and now see that he actually put up the link.

My regular readers know that I am excitable at times and overtly pessimistic when it comes to the left, but I am excited to find someone that I have vast disagreements with willing to link here and to be open to dialog. Could this be the beginning of something larger? Only time will tell.


(c) 2004. Qur'an Project. All Rights Reserved

Syndicate Qur'an Project:

Blogger ATOM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise