Documenting the experiences of a typical Midwesterner struggling to read the Qur'an, understand Islamic extremism and its effects on American politics.
Blogroll Me!
Email Qur'an Project

Archives

Links





Tuesday, September 28, 2004
An open letter to Armed Liberal (WoC)
Dear Armed Liberal,

RE: Your recent, thoughtful post.

I would respectfully suggest that President Bush has earned your vote. I say this because of the many thoughtful posts you have made to Winds of Change that are in agreement with the President's positions. You are part of a well respected team of bloggers that have shown (IMHO) great wisdom and correct positions on the Global War on Terror. The President has the leadership, plans and agenda for winning the war that you and your group have so eloquently defended and advocated. You have chosen your words and associates very well at WoC, now is not the time to assocate yourself with this kind of supporter when you can be in the company of someone that can honestly take this pledge.

In response to your post, Ollie says:
George Bush and his party have made it clear that they don't want voices on my side of the aisle to even utter a word, much less be involved in our national dialogue. He governs as if he is only the president of the red states, with the blue states existing as inconvenient bumps in the road. He smears the reputation of his office with his conduct, denigrating the value of his fellow American simply due to his political affiliation. That's what I would expect of a political operative, or a partisan hack -- but it is unpresidential on behalf of the highest office in the land and not worthy of any sort of respect.

Dean pledges (in the event of a Kerry victory):
I will refuse to call him traitor, loser, liar, incompetent. He will be my President, my Commander In Chief, the Chief Executive of a great nation, elected by the will of a majority of the electors in these 50 great united States. So even if he does things I disagree with in conducting foreign policy, I will say, "I respectfully disagree with the President's directions, but I will do my best to express my dissent respectfully and hope that I am mistaken and that he has made the proper decisions after all."

That's my pledge. How many of you will take a similar one?


It sounds to me like you agree with the reasonable Dean Esmay and are at odds with the reprehensible Oliver Willis. Dean supports The President, Ollie supports Sen. Kerry. I am personally pleased that I do not share the same side of the fence as Ollie in Politics or even something as trivial as NFL football.

I know we have whack-jobs on the right as well, but at least the right wing whackos are labeled as such and do not represent the leadership of the Republican Party (of which I am not a member).

My own story, in case you are wondering about the upstart blogger that is giving unsolicited advice, is that of a lifelong independent. I voted Republican for President only 1 time (1984). I have worked for Democrats, Libertarians and Republican campaigns. I will be voting Republican this year and I am working for the Bush Campaign in my local area. The President has earned my vote and I believe he has made a very strong case for reelection.

Thank you for your time and kind attention,

Qur'an Pundit


(c) 2004. Qur'an Project. All Rights Reserved

Syndicate Qur'an Project:

Blogger ATOM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise