Documenting the experiences of a typical Midwesterner struggling to read the Qur'an, understand Islamic extremism and its effects on American politics.
Blogroll Me!
Email Qur'an Project

Archives

Links





Friday, May 28, 2004
Bullet Dodged
Normally, I don't talk much about politics on Qur'an Project, but Al Gore's speech to MoveOn PAC demands a small comment.

This country dodged a bullet to the head in November 2000 when many (some say a majority) of Americans voted to put this nutjob in the Oval Office. I shutter to think what "President Gore" would have done in the wake of 9/11. I guess some would say that if he were President, then the Islamic wackjobs would not have had to attack us. There is not enough tinfoil in the world for someone who really believes THAT.

Just on the fallout from 9/11 and terrorism is enough for me to fall on my knees and that God that he is not in office. In fact, it may be that this one act of mercy on the USA will revive in me a real move back to spirituality and religion as a practice instead of as a hobby. Come to think of it, I may not have been able to say these types of things here if he were in office. It would be too politically incorrect to say "God" or refer to prayer unless it was a prayer to Allah. Worst case I would be in the same state as Nick Berg, beheaded due to my un-Islamic pronouncements prior to the establishment of the Islamic revolution in the US.

This is why I will vote Bush in November and encourage everyone I know to do the same. I am not a big fan of President Bush, but Mr. Kerry looks crazier than Mr. Gore did in May 2000. Imagine what President Kerry would be like in May 2008.

I am not some VRWC member, neocon, "Racist, Zionist, Nazi" (tm Moonbats, Inc.) etc... I didn't vote for Mr. Gore or Mr. Bush in 2000, I voted (and campaigned actively) 3rd party.

Via Instapundit: A good roundup of BLOG reactions to the speech by blogs4God.


(c) 2004. Qur'an Project. All Rights Reserved

Syndicate Qur'an Project:

Blogger ATOM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise